Saturday, May 1, 2021
A Festival with International Foods, Music & More
City Streets is on Saturday, May 1, from 11:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. To ensure physical distancing and comply with local and state guidelines, this year’s festival will be limited to students (no faculty or staff).
Your One-Hour Block
Students have been assigned a one-hour block of time, based on their residence hall, to visit the food locations:
- GROUP A: 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
Morrow, Nicholls Biondi, Porter, South, Stearns, Valentine, Wieland and Williston.
- GROUP B: 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Moore, Morris-Pratt, Newport, North, Seelye and Seligman.
- GROUP C: 2:15 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Greenway C, Hitchcock, James, King, Lipton and Mayo-Smith.
- GROUP D: 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Appleton, Charles Drew, Charles Pratt, Cohan, Ford, Garman and Greenway B.
A highlight of the City Streets experience is the opportunity to sample food from around the world. This year’s festival will feature food from a blend of vendors and Amherst College Dining Services. All food items will be individually packaged and are intended to be enjoyed at a safe distance. Each tent has a different theme:
- Middle Eastern (Dining Services): Adana kabobs, falafel, personal mezze and Kunafa dessert.
- South America (Dining Services): Beef Alcapurrias, chicken empanadas, sorullitos de maiz (corn fritter), guava and cheese empanadas, Mexican street corn, tres leches cake and Horchata.
- Caribbean (Dining Services): Mofongo, jerk chicken skewers, jerk vegetable skewers, jerk pineapple skewers, tembleque de coco (coconut custard) and coconut water.
- Africa (Suya Joint, Boston, MA): Spicy suya wings, vegetable samosas and sweet fried plantains.
- Korea (HoneyCrisp Chicken, Amherst, MA): Korean-style corn dogs, Taiwanese popcorn chicken and vegetable egg rolls.
- India (Bombay Royale, Northampton, MA): Chicken tikka masala, vegetable pulao, Kundapur vegetables and rosemary naan bread.
- Bubble Tea (LimeRed Tea House, Amherst, MA): Peach bubble tea with mango crystal boba and mango bubble tea with lychee jelly.
- Masks are required at all times. Students may only remove their mask when eating at a safe physical distance, away from the food tents and walking paths.
- Maintain a physical distance of six feet at all times.
- Parties of ten or more are prohibited.
- Limit the attendance of any tent or activity to 50 people or fewer, including staff.
- Limit the length of any line to 40 people or fewer.
- Adhere to the student-participation schedule (your one-hour block) to allow time for cleaning between groups.