2010-11 Music at Amherst Chamber Series and Parallels Series Announced; Featuring Classical, Jazz, New Music and World Music, Subscriptions Available Now
August 30, 2010
Contact: Sara R. Leonard
Concert and Production Manager
AMHERST, Mass. – The Amherst College Department of Music announces the 2010-11 seasons of the Music at Amherst Chamber Series and the Music at Amherst Parallels Series. Subscriptions are available now through the Amherst College Concert Office.
The Music at Amherst Chamber Series celebrates the best of classical chamber music. The 2010-11 season will include five concerts:
- Oct. 6, 8 p.m.— Pacifica Quartet performs works by Schumann, Shostakovich and Beethoven;
- Nov. 6, 8 p.m. – Pianist Christopher Taylor performs Bach’s Goldberg Variations;
- Dec. 3, 8 p.m. – Parker Quartet and violist Kim Kashkashian perform works by Haydn, Hindemith and Brahms;
- March 4, 8 p.m.— Gryphon Trio performs works by Haydn, Dvorak and Ives;
- April 8, 8 p.m.— Tetzlaff Quartet performs works by Haydn, Mendelssohn and Schoenberg.
The Music at Amherst Parallels Series brings top performers in jazz, new music and world music to the Buckley stage. The 2010-11 season of Parallels will include three concerts:
- Oct. 22, 8 p.m.— NPR host and pianist Christopher O’Riley performs piano adaptations of alternative rock from his album Out of my Hands;
- Feb. 11, 8 p.m. – Bassoonist Martin Kuuskmann performs amplified solo music from Bach to the newest in uncharted electronically enhanced bassoon;
- March 25, 8 p.m. – Jazz ensemble Either/Orchestra performs with Ethopian vocalist Mahmoud Ahmed.
Individual tickets to all concerts go on sale two weeks prior to each event date. For more information, or to subscribe, contact the Concert Office at email@example.com or 413/542-2195. Visit the Series’ website at www.amherst.edu/academiclife/departments/music/musicatamherst.