Visitor Visas for Family Members for Commencement Weekend

International Visitors May Need Personal Invitations to Commencement

Some of the graduating seniors' family members may need to apply for visitor visas to enter the United States. At many U.S. Embassies and Consulates abroad, applicants for visitor visas are required to submit a “letter of invitation" from the college confirming the legitimate basis for the applicant’s visit to the United States. These letters of invitation for the families of international students are issued through the International Students Office.

Please submit the request form completing all of the information requested.

Once you have submitted the required information, the staff in the International Students Office will prepare the necessary letter(s) and you will be notified by email that your material is ready to be picked up. You should allow at least one week for preparation of the letter (s).

You may then send the letter(s) to your family member for inclusion with the visa application. 

If you have questions on the submission of the form, or the process around the inivation issuance, please call the International Students Office at 413/542-2612.