Amherst College’s 190th Commencement ceremony was held on Sunday, May 22, 2011.
Speeches & Photos
- Watch video of President Anthony W. Marx’s Commencement Address.
- Watch video of the Senior Class Speech by Gregory J. Campeau ’11.
- Hear audio of Conversations with Honored Guests.
- Watch video of the awarding of honorary degrees.
- Hear audio of Senior Assembly 2011 speeches and see photos.
- See highlights and more photos at Flickr.
News Stories & More
- “‘The More Thoughtful We Are, the Better Our World Will Be,’ Amherst College President Anthony W. Marx Tells Class of 2011.”
- Read Amherst’s news release about the 2011 honorary degree recipients.
- “An Amherst Diploma, Finally.” Richard Hunter ’44, J. Bruce Duncan ’45, Frank R.L. Egloff ’46 and C. Burns Roehrig ’45 would have graduated from the college more than 65 years ago, had not World War II intervened. On Sunday, Amherst will award honorary bachelor’s degrees to these former students who left school to serve their country.
- “High School Instructors of Three Seniors Win 2011 Swift Moore Teaching Awards.”
- “Amherst College’s Class of 2011 and Commencement, By the Numbers.”
- Don’t know your halberd from your mace? Your chevron from your tam? Stop by Amherst magazine’s “Field Guide to Commencement.”
- “Commencement: The First Fifty Years” is an online gallery of photographs and memorabilia on exhibit in Amherst’s Archives and Special Collections.
- See photographs from “Waterbirds: An Exhibit of Photographs by Theodore Cross ’46.”