Amherst College facilities are only open to students, faculty and staff who are fully vaccinated, have permission to be on campus and are in the College's testing program. Use of the Wolff Fitness Center does not require a reservation at this time. Students on campus are not restricted for time on any particular piece of equipment or time in general unless there is another student interested in using that station or waiting to enter the facility. Once finished with your station you are required to spray and wipe the equipment you used.
These rules must be followed at all time when in the gym:
- Masks must be worn at all times while exercising in the Wolff Fitness Center and anywhere indoors.
- Training intensity should be modified to avoid overexertion while wearing a mask during cardiovascular exercise and avoiding the need for a “spotter” during resistance training.
- Locker rooms are open to members of the College community at 50 percent capacity.
- Shower stalls will be made available.
- Please continue to read campus communications carefully to stay on top of policy and protocol updates as these areas can change rapidly.