- Participate in the bicycle registration program! Make note of the make, model, color, and serial number of your bicycle. Submit your completed registration form through the online link above. The information will be kept on file and in the event of loss or theft the information will be readily available. You will also receive a bicycle registration decal to affix to your bicycle to help deter theft.
- Always lock your bicycle. Bicycles should be locked around the frame and through both wheels to an object such as a telephone pole, sign or lamppost, bicycle rack, etc.
- Whenever possible, keep your bicycle inside; however, keep it away from stairways, ramps, elevators and exits.
- If you must leave your bicycle outside choose a well-lit, heavily traveled location.
- Invest in a good bicycle lock or in a strong pad lock and chain. Chains should be case hardened steel with links at least 5/8" in diameter.