- Participate in the bicycle registration program! Make note of the make, model, color, and serial number of your bicycle. Come to the Police Department with that information and complete a registration form. The form will be kept on file and in the event of loss or theft the information will be readily available. You will also receive a bicycle registration decal to affix to your bicycle to help deter theft.
- Always lock your bicycle. Bicycles should be locked around the frame and through both wheels to an object such as a telephone pole, sign or lamppost, bicycle rack, etc.
- Whenever possible, keep your bicycle inside; however, keep it away from stairways, ramps, elevators and exits.
- If you must leave your bicycle outside choose a well-lit, heavily traveled location.
- Invest in a good bicycle lock or in a strong pad lock and chain. Chains should be case hardened steel with links at least 5/8" in diameter.