Billing statements for the 2020 spring semester are now available online via your AC Data account. Eligibility for spring registration requires that the outstanding balance on your account statement be cleared by January 10, 2020. For additional information about your statement and the billing process, please visit our Student Accounts webpage.
Action is required to properly clear your account:
- Review your student account statement
- Waive the health insurance fee, if billed on your spring semester statement. Under Commonwealth of MA law, all students must participate in an acceptable medical insurance plan. Students already covered by such a plan should complete a waiver on Gallagher’s website by January 10, 2020 to waive the $1,227 insurance fee and receive a credit for that fee billed on the spring semester statement. Otherwise this fee is applicable and must be paid.
- Waive the tuition insurance fee, if you do not wish to receive tuition insurance, the student must complete a waiver located on our Student Accounts webpage by January 10, 2020 to waive the $98 insurance fee. Otherwise this fee is applicable and must be paid.
- Notify the Student Accounts office if you are receiving tuition assistance/financial aid from a third party (grants, awards, 529 plan, etc.) that is NOT already noted as pending on your account statement. Please send written notification to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the payment deadline including where the funds are coming from and the amount to be received.
- Monthly installment payment plans are available and administered by Nelnet, formerly known as Tuition Management Systems (TMS). As a general policy, Amherst College does not handle any payment plans directly.
Important: Due to system constraints for Form 1098T reporting, if you have a payment plan for spring 2020 it will not be reflected on your student account statement/tuition bill until the end of the first week of January 2020. At that time, please review your bill in AC Data to confirm that your payment plan amount reflects the amount due on your statement/tuition bill.
The total balance due on your student account must be settled by January 10, 2020 to be cleared for spring course registration.
Important: Information regarding the Form 1098T reporting changes and FAQ’s can be found on our website.
In accordance with federal regulations, the following information is provided; during the fall semester of 2012, 463 first time, full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate students entered Amherst College. As of June 30, 2018, 93% of those students had graduated from our institution.
Student Accounts: 413.542.2811/2817
Financial Aid: 413.542.2296
Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk: 800.379.6183
A.W.G. Dewar Inc.: 617.774.1555