Billing statements for the 2022 spring semester are now available online via your AC Data account. Eligibility for spring registration requires that the outstanding balance on your account statement be cleared by January 14, 2022. For additional information about your statement and the billing process, please visit our Student Accounts webpage.
Action is required to properly clear your account:
- Review your student account statement
- Waive the health insurance fee-if billed on your spring semester statement
NEW FOR THE 2021-2022 Academic Year - Gallagher Insurance has launched a new portal this year. To waive the student insurance coverage, you must first access an email issued to your Amherst College address and follow the instructions provided in this email from Gallagher Student Health and Special Risk. For questions/assistance regarding waivers or enrollment please contact Gallagher at 1-800-379-6183.
- Under Commonwealth of Massachusetts law, all students must participate in an acceptable medical insurance plan. Students already covered by such a plan should complete a waiver on Gallagher's website by by January 14, 2022 to waive the $1,518 insurance fee and receive a credit for that fee billed on the spring semester statement. Otherwise this fee is applicable and must be paid.
- Waive the tuition insurance fee, if you do not wish to receive tuition insurance, the student must complete a waiver located on our Student Accounts webpage by January 14, 2022 to waive the $120 insurance fee.
Otherwise this fee is applicable and must be paid.
- Notify the Student Accounts office if you are receiving tuition assistance/financial aid from a third party (grants, awards, 529 plan, etc.) that is not already noted as pending on your account statement. Please send written notification to email@example.com prior to the payment deadline including where the funds are coming from and the amount to be received.
- Monthly installment payment plans are available and administered by TMS/Nelnet at 800-722-4867. As a general policy, Amherst College does not handle any payment plans directly. Enrollment for the spring 2022 semester begins November 15, 2021 with the last installment payable on March 15, 2022. Important: Due to system constraints for Form 1098-T reporting, if you have a pyment plan for spring 2022, it will not be reflected on your student account statement/tuition bill until the end of the first week of January 2022. at that time, please review your bill in AC Data to confirm that your payment plan amount reflects the amount due on your statement/tuition bill.**In order for a pyment to be recorded in 2021 it must be received by 12.31.21
The total balance due on your student account must be settled by January 14, 2022 to be cleared for spring course registration.
Important information regarding the Form 1098T reporting changes and FAQ"S can be found here.
In accordance with federal regulations, the following information is provided; during the fall semester of 2014, 469 first time, full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate students entered Amherst College. As of June 30, 2020, 95% of those students had graduated from our institution.
Student Accounts: 413.542.2811/2817
Financial Aid: 413.542.2296
Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk: 800.379.6183
A.W.G. Dewar Inc.: 617.774.1555