- AMHERST COLLEGE EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS PLANAMHERST COLLEGE EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS PLAN
- Emergency Preparedness General Policy
- Amherst College Incident Command System
- AC Alert - Notification System
- Information Technology Communication Emergencies
- Department Specific Emergency Action Plans
- Response Actions for Individuals
- Incident Command System - Team Member Tools
- Emergency Preparedness - Drills and Training
- Websites for Emergency Preparedness
Emergency and Safety Information
Emergency - Call Amherst College Police
(Ambulance, Fire, Haz-Mat, Police)
AC Alert Notification System
In the event of an emergency, the college community is notified through AC Alert by including: website alerts, text messages, email, voice mail, outdoor sirens.
Register your cell phone number with AC Alert to receive text messages regarding campus emergencies.
In the event of severe weather, such as snow storms, it may be necessary to close or delay opening the college. Emergency closings are announced on the website.
To access the College’s recorded announcement regarding the weather, please call the Local Weather Line: 542-SNOW (542-7669).
For those who live beyond the local phone area, call the toll-free number: (888) 289-1049.
In addition to announcements on the telephone lines, we will notify two television stations
and three radio stations