- EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESSEMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS
- Incident Command Portal
- Five College Memorandum of Understanding
- Amherst College Alert Notification System
- Department Specific Plans and Procedures
- General Policies and Procedures
- Individual Plans and Procedures
- Natural Disaster Emergency Procedures
- Websites for Additional Local, State, and Federal Emergency Response
Emergency and Safety Information
Emergency - Call Amherst College Police
(Ambulance, Fire, Haz-Mat, Police)
AC Alert Notification System
In the event of an emergency, the college community is notified through AC Alert by including: website alerts, text messages, email, voice mail, outdoor sirens.
Register your cell phone number with AC Alert to receive text messages regarding campus emergencies.
In the event of severe weather, such as snow storms, it may be necessary to close or delay opening the college. Emergency closings are announced on the website.
To access the College’s recorded announcement regarding the weather, please call the Local Weather Line: 542-SNOW (542-7669).
For those who live beyond the local phone area, call the toll-free number: (888) 289-1049.
In addition to announcements on the telephone lines, we will notify two television stations
and three radio stations