- AMHERST COLLEGE EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS PLANAMHERST COLLEGE EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS PLAN
- Emergency Preparedness General Policy
- Amherst College Incident Command System
- AC Alert - Notification System
- Information Technology Communication Emergencies
- Department Specific Emergency Action Plans
- Response Actions for Individuals
- Incident Command System - Team Member Tools
- Emergency Preparedness - Drills and Training
- Websites for Emergency Preparedness
Amherst College Emergency Preparedness Plan
Emergency - Call Amherst College Police
(Ambulance, Fire, Haz-Mat, Police)
Amherst College is committed to the welfare of its students, faculty, staff and visitors. Preparing an emergency preparedness plan and allocating resources to respond to possible emergencies is one way the College meets this commitment. The plan is fashioned in accordance with the laws, regulations, and policies that govern emergency preparedness and reflects the most current thinking in this area.
Emergency Preparedness at Amherst College is managed by the Policy Group and the Emergency Management Group. The Policy Group consists of the Senior Staff of the college and has the authority to declare emergencies, make policy decisions, commit resources, obligate funds, and obtain the resources necessary to protect the community. The Emergency Management Group directs operations, from the Emergency Operation Center (EOC) or Incident Command, to direct responses to incidents.
The Emergency Preparedness Plan is designed to maximize life safety and preservation of property, minimize danger, restore normal working conditions, and assure responsive communications with the College community, surrounding neighborhoods, the Town of Amherst, state agencies such as the State Police, the Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC), and the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA).