- AMHERST COLLEGE EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS PLANAMHERST COLLEGE EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS PLAN
- Emergency Preparedness General Policy
- Amherst College Incident Command System
- AC Alert - Notification System
- Information Technology Communication Emergencies
- Department Specific Emergency Action Plans
- Response Actions for Individuals
- Incident Command System - Team Member Tools
- Emergency Preparedness - Drills and Training
- Websites for Emergency Preparedness
Chemical or Radiation Spill
Emergency - Call Amherst College Police
(Ambulance, Fire, Haz-Mat, Police)
- Report spillage of a chemical or radioactive material immediately to 413-542-2111. Do not return to affected area.
- Anyone who may be contaminated by the spill should avoid contact with others. Do not touch anything.
- When reporting, be specific about the nature and location of spilled material.
- Persons not trained in spill clean-up techniques should immediately evacuate the area.
- Notify emergency personnel of persons with disabilities who are in the building and are unable to evacuate.
- Do not use elevators in case of fire.
- Once outside, move to emergency assembly area or another clear area at least 150 yards from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel.
- If requested, assist emergency personnel.
- Do not return to an evacuated building unless directed to do so by the Amherst College Police.