- AMHERST COLLEGE EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS PLANAMHERST COLLEGE EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS PLAN
- Emergency Preparedness General Policy
- Amherst College Incident Command System
- AC Alert - Notification System
- Information Technology Communication Emergencies
- Department Specific Emergency Action Plans
- Response Actions for Individuals
- Incident Command System - Team Member Tools
- Emergency Preparedness - Drills and Training
- Websites for Emergency Preparedness
Response Actions for Individuals
Emergency - Call Amherst College Police
(Ambulance, Fire, Haz-Mat, Police)
Response actions for individuals are incident specific. Each emergency is different and knowing what actions you need to take for each type of threat will impact the decisions and preparations you make. Recognizing the potential hazard, in advance, will help to prepare you, your co-workers, other students and your family for the emergency, and assist with recovery after the incident has past.
Most incidents, including weather related emergencies come with advanced “watches” and “warnings”. Know what actions you need to take before disaster strikes. For those emergencies that happen without advanced notice, such as a fire, medical emergency, leak or odor, knowing who to call initiates the proper emergency response.
- Know the local emergency numbers for your area, and program them into your mobile device.
- Make sure that telephones within your offices or other areas have the appropriate stickers with the correct emergency number.
AMHERST COLLEGE EMERGENCY * (413) 542-2111
Your health, safety and overall well-being is extremely important. Make sure that you don’t place yourself at risk, and avoid dangerous situations that could place result in illness or injury.
- If you sustain an injury during an emergency situation, resources that are already stretched will now have to be directed to you.
Be prepared and responsible.
- Preparation, including “survival kits” with a 3 day supply of non-perishable food, water, flashlight with batteries, your medication, toiletries, soaps and sanitizers are always appropriate.
- Know the specific Amherst College emergency response plans to the left. They will identify the most appropriate places to go in the event of an emergency, and the actions you should take for specific incidents.