- Capital Projects
- Departments & Staff
- Request Service
- Building Information
- Service Guide
- Faculty Rental Housing
- Guest & Visitor Housing
- Policies & Procedures
- Related Sites
Recycling & Waste Reduction Tips for the Winter Holidays
Submitted by JoAnn M. Lawrence
The winter holiday season doesn't have to mean a big increase in trash.
Gift Card Tips
- Send an e-card.
- Design your own card and print it on recycled paper.
- Purchase a holiday card made from recycled paper.
- Use recycled newsprint to wrap your gifts - it can be recycled again once the present is open.
- Use brown craft grocery bags to wrap gifts and decorate them with your own special design.
- Use scraps of old fabric to wrap gifts.
- Purchase gift wrap made from recycled paper.
On-line Vendors of Recycled Gift Cards and Wrapping Paper
If you are having trouble finding local vendors of recycled-content cards and gift wrap, try these on-line sources:
The sites listed above are the sole responsibility of the vendors or organizations who maintain them. Amherst College is not responsible for any content on these sites.
Note: Amherst College does not officially endorse any of these products or organizations. They are listed here only as a convenience to assist students and the Amherst College community to find recycling information or find recycled-content products.