- Financial AidFinancial Aid
- Contact Us
- Family Financing Options
- Financial Aid Calculator
- First-Year & Transfer Students
- Forms & Helpful Links
- International Students
- Net Price Calculator
- Notes Concerning Your Financial Aid Award
- Renewal & Upperclass Applicants
- Student Employment
- Study Abroad Financial Aid
- Taxable Scholarships
- Topics of Interest
Renewal of Financial Aid
A student is eligible to receive financial aid at Amherst for a total of eight semesters, providing the following requirements are met:
- An application for renewal of financial aid must be filed by April 25th. Additional information, including the Financial Aid PROFILE and FAFSA forms and appropriate supplements, income tax returns, and other documents that may be required, should also be filed by April 25. Information about renewal application procedures will be distributed by the Office of Financial Aid early in the spring semester.
- Continued demonstration of financial need, as evidenced by information submitted in the renewal application.
- Satisfactory academic progress, as evidenced by the ability to continue in enrollment at Amherst. Students' academic records are reviewed each semester by the Committee on Academic Standing in accordance with the academic standards defined in the Amherst College Catalog.