To all recipients of scholarships and grants in 2015:

If you receive scholarship and grant aid that totals more than the cost of tuition, fees, and books in 2015, you may have taxable financial aid that should be included in your U.S. income tax return.  In some cases, this may also be included in state and city income tax returns.

Additional details and a worksheet for calculating possible taxable scholarship are available for:

Students from the United States

International Students

Completing the IRS Form 1040NR-EZ 2015

FNIS Instructions