The Amherst Grant Budget Worksheet is an interactive tool to help you construct your budget. Note that it is only a planning tool to get you started. You may need to use a different budget format, depending on the guidelines for the specific proposal you are working on. Grantseekers may contact the Grant Analyst to request a customized template. Learn more.
It contains built-in, protected formulas that will automatically calculate:
- Fringe benefits (multiplies salary by Amherst's approved fringe rate)
- Total salary including fringe (the salary you enter is added to fringe costs)
- Total travel (domestic is added to foreign travel)
- Total direct costs (salary, equipment, travel, etc. are added together)
- Facilities and administration, also known as "indirect costs" (multiplies salary & benefits by Amherst's approved indirect cost rate)
Download the worksheet: