All employers in Massachusetts are required by state law to carry workers' compensation insurance covering their employees for on-the-job injuries or illnesses.

I have been injured on the job. Where do I turn for help?
All injuries, no matter how minor, must be reported as soon as conveniently possible to your immediate supervisor or Department Head. The employee must then complete an Incident Report which can be obtained from the supervisor/Department Head or the Office of Human Resources. Upon completion of the Incident Report and obtaining the proper signatures, the Report is forwarded to the Office of Human Resources for processing with the College's insurance carrier.

What medical care am I entitled to receive?
Under Massachusetts Workers' Compensation law, all "reasonable and necessary" medical expenses will be paid that relate to the work related injury or illness. These expenses may include doctor and hospital fees, costs for prescription drugs, crutches, etc. The College's insurance carrier will pay the entire amount of these charges—you are not required to pay any medical costs resulting from your work related injury or illness.

What are my wage benefits?
You are entitled to wages when you have unable to work for five (5) or more days as a result of your work related injury or illness. While you are totally disabled, you will receive 60% of your average weekly gross wages up to a maximum amount as allowed by Massachusetts Workers' Compensation law. If you are capable of working, but only on a limited basis, a light duty work assignment may be available for a temporary period of time.

Who do I contact with questions?
Please call Scott Kinney in the Office of Human Resources at ext. 5719.