- Human ResourcesHuman Resources
- HR Picture Gallery
- ACData for Employees
- Amherst College Employment Opportunities
- Amherst Works Newsletter
- Arrivals and Transitions
- Amherst College Defined Contribution Retirement Plan Information
- Commuting and Travel Options
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan Annual Announcements
- Dependent Care Information
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Immunizations for Blue Cross Members
- Loans for Computer Device Purchases
- Long Term Care Insurance Spring 2014
- New Additions to Your Family
- News about Health Insurance Exchanges
- Plan Servicing Credit for the Amherst Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- Retirement Planning
- Staff Retirement Plan Requalification Notice
- Summary Annual Reports
- TIAA-CREF Individual Counseling Sessions
- Employee Handbooks
- Employee Recognition
- Employment Policies
- Holiday Schedule
- JCCR Project
- New Employee Orientation
- Performance Management Process
- Search Procedures
- Sexual Respect and Title IX
- Staff, Contact, Hours
- Training & Development
- Weather, Emergency Closure
- Worker's Compensation & Ergonomics
Amherst College Defined Contribution Retirement Plan Information
We encourage employees to visit this site frequently to gather and review information related to the Amherst College Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (the Plan). The site has links to Plan documents, required disclosures, and other information that may be helpful in planning for retirement. The Plan recordkeeper, TIAA-CREF, frequently distributes webinar invitations and other pertinent information that can be accessed through links available here.
Amherst Defined Contribution Plan Documents and Information
Summary Plan Description – This document explains the details of the Plan and how it operates.
TIAA-CREF Beneficiary Designation – For you to update your beneficiary instructions.
Election Form 403(b) Amherst – For you to elect the amounts and types of contributions you wish to make.
Participant Disclosure Information
These reports are produced once per year pursuant to government requirements. More updated performance information can be obtained by accessing the Amherst microsite noted below.
The microsite at TIAA-CREF contains information that is specific to Amherst College, including, among other things, basic plan provisions and the Plan investment choices with performance reports. From this site you are also able to gain access to your account and utilize a number of useful tools for retirement planning. You are able to direct transfers between funds, and change the way your future contributions are invested. Link to the microsite.
Webinar and Other Educational Information
- Focus on Retirement
- Roth Option Flyer
- New Funds for the Amherst College Defined Contribution Plan
- Investment Check-up webinar offers you a great opportunity to review your savings and investment plans.
- A Tax-Smart Way to Save for Retirement webinar, covers tax-savvy strategies for building your savings.
- Are You On Target? Meeting Financial Challenges at Midcareer webinar helps ensure you’re saving enough for retirement—and investing in the right way for your goals.
- Staying on Track in a Volatile Market webinar provides you simple strategies to prevent market volatility from making you fret about your future savings.