- Visit the Health & Wellness category for discounts on a variety of services and products.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
DeStress Monday shares regular tips and guides to help you start every week with a positive frame of mind. Begin with the Monday Refresh practice and enjoy the benefits all week long
Employee Assistance Program (EAP), New Directions
EAP provides safe, judgement-free, no-cost-to-you opportunities to talk with a licensed professional about what you or a household member are feeling or experiencing. Counseling Sessions through the EAP are confidential. Your personal information will not be shared with your employer. On your time, any time, you can connect with a licensed clinician in-the-moment, via telephone, face-to-face or online (message, chat or video).
- Visit the EAP website (company code: Amherst College) or contact them at (800) 624-5544.
Webinars & Tip Sheets
New Directions has a collection of webinars related to the Covid - 19 pandemic (as well as additional topics). Below is a sample of webinars you will find on their website:
New Directions also provides the following tipsheets realted to dealing with stress, conflict resolution and wellness.
For staff and faculty who supervise others, management services such as unlimited consultation with an expert, webinars, tip sheets and more can help:
- Recognize when an employee may be having a hard time processing these difficult events and how you can help them.
- Guide you through how to safely and effectively talk about difficult topics.
- Promote regular resources to help employees improve their mental health and productivity.
- Help give you the words and tools to refer employees to EAP services.
- Manage conflict or violence between co-workers or at/on worksites.
Remote Memorial Services and Spiritual Counseling
Religious & Spiritual Life (RSL) is offering remote memorial services, and spiritual counseling, for any Amherst College community member who has lost a loved one and is unable to gather in person to mourn and celebrate that person's life. Contact RSL Director Harrison Blum (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit the RSL homepage for more information and resources.
Resources from the Amherst College Counseling Center
The Counseling Center provides the Daily Well, a collection of short wellness practices, as well as the Self Care and Stress Reduction Resource Collection, with topics on stress management, wellness, and health living.
Read more about the Daily Well and visit the collection of practices.
Weekly Movement and Mindfulness Morning Workshops
The weekly Morning Movement and Mindfulness Workshops are currently on pause. Please visit the LinkedIn Learning Wellbeing Collection for courses focused on movement and mindfulness.