- Human ResourcesHuman Resources
- ACData for Employees
- Amherst College Employment Opportunities
- Amherst Works Newsletter
- Arrivals and Transitions
- Amherst College Defined Contribution Retirement Plan Information
- Commuting and Travel Options
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan Annual Announcements
- Dependent Care Information
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Enhanced Investments Menu for Amherst College Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- Loans for Computer Device Purchases
- Long Term Care Insurance Spring 2014
- New Additions to Your Family
- New Funds for the Amherst College Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- News about Health Insurance Exchanges
- Plan Servicing Credit for the Amherst Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- Retirement Planning
- Staff Retirement Plan Requalification Notice
- Summary Annual Reports
- TIAA-CREF Individual Counseling Sessions
- Compensation Review
- Employee Handbooks
- Employee Recognition
- Employment Policies
- Holiday Schedule
- Performance Management
- Search Procedures
- Sexual Respect and Title IX
- Staff, Contact, Hours
- Training & Development
- Weather, Emergency Closure
- Worker's Compensation & Ergonomics
Voluntary Long Term Disability Buy-Up Insurance Open Enrollment 2013
The open enrollment period for the Amherst College Voluntary Long Term Disability Buy-Up Insurance benefit (LTD Buy-Up insurance) will run to June 15, 2013. Eligible faculty and staff who have not previously elected this coverage will have the opportunity to purchase this insurance. You can apply for this coverage subject to a Modified Underwriting process, which generally is less rigorous than if you applied for this type of benefit on your own.
In the event of an illness or injury which lasts more than six months, Amherst College provides you with coverage of 60% of your salary, at no cost to you, under our Group Long Term Disability Plan. You may also purchase an individual disability policy intended to supplement Amherst’s Group Long Term Disability Plan. The supplemental benefit, called LTD Buy-Up insurance, is insured by The Standard, one of the leading disability insurance providers in the country, and is being offered to you on a voluntary basis. Premiums associated with the coverage through The Standard are paid by you.
With this benefit, a higher percentage of your overall compensation can be insured in the event you suffer a disabling injury or illness of six months or more. As these policies are individually tailored to your personal situation, they are completely portable which means coverage may be continued if you leave the College in the future. In this instance you would continue to pay the same rates as when you were an active employee.
To provide you more information on this benefit, please visit www.LTD-Buyup.com. This site contains specific information regarding the Amherst College benefit. The goal of this educational presentation is to provide important information on a topic that may help you in your disability insurance planning and personal financial welfare. You can also arrange for your own personal consultation with, Joe Imparato, a representative from Tucker & Shepley Benefits and Insurance, who helps administer our program. Please go online to meetme.so/Imparato to select a time best for you. Or, you may contact Joe at (617) 342-7223.
Please use the following link for some basic information about the benefit: Voluntary LTD Buy-Up Brochure
To take advantage of this benefit this coming year, you must enroll no later than June 15, 2013. If you have questions regarding this notice, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 413-542-2372.