PROCEDURE FOR THE EMPLOYEE RECOGNITION AWARD
Amherst College wants to celebrate the contributions of our staff to the College’s success. We will also recognize particularly noteworthy contributors.
A. All staff, faculty, and students are invited to submit nominations.
B. Non-faculty employees, including casuals, who have completed a minimum of one (1) year of service with the College by the time of the nomination deadline, are active at the time of the recognition event, and have made above and beyond contributions to the College within the last year, are eligible for nomination.
C. Only nominations for individuals will be considered.
A. Employees who have made above and beyond contributions to the College within the last year.
B. Examples of above and beyond contributions include: extraordinary committee service, exemplary collaboration in a project or special assignment, exceptional customer service, active participation in our efforts to create a more diverse and inclusive campus community, measurable improvement of a system or process, or contributions that went above and beyond the employee’s job responsibilities.
C. Please be specific when completing the nomination form described later in this document. On a stand-alone basis, the following would not be considered examples of extraordinary contributions:
- “Fun to work with."
- “The best boss I ever had.”
- “Smiles everyday.”
- "Brings in baked goods."
A. Recognition Committee:
1. The selection process will be handled by the Employee Recognition Award Committee.
a. The Committee is composed of:
i. Representatives from the Managers Council and Employee Council.
ii. Other employees recommended to the Committee.
b. The members of the Committee will rotate following an internal process.
2. The members of the Recognition Committee for 2018 are:
a. Laura Clampitt
b. Luis Hernandez
c. Diane Hutton
d. Jeff Matthews
e. Denise McGoldrick
f. Greg Wardlaw
3. The members will conduct the selection process in a confidential manner to protect its integrity.
4. The Employee Recognition Award Committee will be supported by members of the Office of Human Resources.
B. Nomination Process
- Nominations can be submitted by mail, email, or by using the following link: https://www.amherst.edu/mm/316658
- Every part of the nomination form must be completed in order to be considered.
- Completed paper forms must be sent to the Office of Human Resources, or placed in a specially marked box at the Office of Human Resources.
- Paper copies will be available in central locations around campus (Dining Services, Custodial Services, and Rental Housing).
C. Selection Process
- The nominations will be reviewed by the Employee Recognition Award Committee, using the criteria that the nominated individual has made above and beyond contributions to the College.
- The Recognition Committee will select the individuals for recognition.
D. An Employee Recognition Award Ceremony will be held to celebrate all of the College’s staff and announce the Awardees.
E. Awardees will be recognized during our traditional Employee Picnic on Wednesday, May 30, 2018.
F. All Awardees will receive a recognition plaque and a taxable appreciation bonus of $200.
A. Nominations must be received by March 23, 2018.
B. Nominations received after this date cannot be considered.