The College recognizes the following holidays:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving (which includes one-half day Wednesday, plus Thursday and Friday)
- Winter Break (the dates of which will be approved by Senior Leadership each year)
- 4.5 Floating Holidays
How pay for these holidays will work:
- Eligible hourly employees who are required to work on an observed College holiday will be paid time-and-one-half their hourly rate in addition to receiving holiday pay at straight time.
- Compensatory time off on a time-and-one-half basis may be allowed for benefited hourly employees in lieu of overtime pay, provided that time is taken within the same workweek. In such instances, work performed on the holiday is paid on a straight-time basis.
- Exempt or salaried employees who for business reasons are required to work on an observed College holiday will be awarded compensatory time off.
Regular, full-time staff are entitled to 4.5 floating holidays per fiscal year. New employees earn floating holidays in their first fiscal year of employment on a pro-rated basis. Floating holidays are also prorated for employees working an academic year and/or part-time. The selection of the dates of floating holidays by the employee is subject to the approval of the Supervisor or Department Head/Chair. There is no payment for floating holidays not taken, nor do they accumulate from one fiscal year to the next.
For information about religious holidays, please visit the Religious Life page.
|Thanksgiving (half day)||Wednesday, November 22, 2023|
|Thanksgiving||Thursday, November 23, 2023|
|Thanksgiving||Friday, November 24, 2023|
|Winter Break||Saturday, December 23, 2023 – Monday, January 1, 2024|
|Martin Luther King, Jr. Day||Monday, January 15, 2024|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 27, 2024|
|Juneteenth||Wednesday, June 19, 2024|
|Independence Day||Thursday, July 4, 2024|
|Independence Day||Friday, July 5, 2024|
|Labor Day||Monday, September 2, 2024|
|Thanksgiving (half day)||Wednesday, November 27, 2024|
|Thanksgiving||Thursday, November 28, 2024|
|Thanksgiving||Friday, November 29, 2024|
|Winter Break||Monday, December 23, 2024 – Wednesday, January 1, 2025|
|Martin Luther King, Jr. Day||Monday, January 20, 2025|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 26, 2025|
|Juneteenth||Thursday, June 19, 2025|
|Independence Day||Friday, July 4, 2025|
|Labor Day||Monday, September 1, 2025|
|Thanksgiving (half day)||Wednesday, November 26, 2025|
|Thanksgiving||Thursday, November 27, 2025|
|Thanksgiving||Friday, November 28, 2025|