The College recognizes the following holidays:
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving (which includes one-half day Wednesday, plus Thursday and Friday)
- Winter Break (the dates of which will be approved by Senior Leadership each year)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- 4.5 Floating Holidays
How pay for these holidays will work:
- Eligible hourly employees who are required to work on an observed College holiday will be paid time-and-one-half their hourly rate in addition to receiving holiday pay at straight time.
- Compensatory time off on a time-and-one-half basis may be allowed for benefited hourly employees in lieu of overtime pay, provided that time is taken within the same workweek. In such instances, work performed on the holiday is paid on a straight-time basis.
- Exempt or salaried employees who for business reasons are required to work on an observed College holiday will be awarded compensatory time off.
Regular, full-time staff are entitled to 4.5 floating holidays per fiscal year. New employees earn floating holidays in their first fiscal year of employment on a pro-rated basis. Floating holidays are also prorated for employees working an academic year and/or part-time. The selection of the dates of floating holidays by the employee is subject to the approval of the Supervisor or Department Head/Chair. There is no payment for floating holidays not taken, nor do they accumulate from one fiscal year to the next.
For information about religious holidays, please visit the Religious Life page.