Theme: Supervisory Skill Development
- Supervisory Skills
- Accountability (holding others accountable)
(Participation in Coaching for Results Part 1 required)
Unaddressed performance gaps can stand in the way of achieving goals, damage important relationships and inhibit the success of change initiatives. Addressing performance gaps early in their lifecycle, before they become larger and ineffective behaviors become chronic, leads to a more effective and engaged work environment. Yet, these conversations are often avoided because they can be uncomfortable and leaders may feel unprepared. This session will build self-confidence in your ability to address performance gaps by focusing on models, tools and skills that support effective performance gap conversations.
After this session you will be able to:
- differentiate between different types of coaching and chose the approach that best matches your situation.
- use core coaching skills to facilitate a coaching conversation aimed at closing a performance gap.
- use a communication tool to minimize defensiveness and increase accountability during performance gap conversations.
- use a coaching model to guide your performance gap coaching conversations.
This session is designed for anyone who actively supervises others.
Presenter Fredricka Joyner, Leadership, Organization and Culture Consultant
Thursday, February 16, 2023
|9:00 AM - 12:00 PM||TBD (in person)|