Four Session Public speaking Series for Staff
Designed to help you become a more comfortable, confident and compelling speaker, this series will help you build skills to effectively plan for and deliver a dynamic presentation. Working in a supportive, fun environment, Amherst College’s Speaking Associate, Susan Daniels, will help you add Public Speaking to your list of practiced skills.
The 4-part series is designed to incrementally build skills; therefore, committing to all four workshops is essential for the success of the group.
This session will be limited to 10 participants to ensure every person has an opportunity to practice speaking in front of the group.
After this 4-part session you will be able to:
- Reduce your speaking anxiety
- Identify and use your unique strengths to become a powerful presenter
- Engage with an audience vs. just “talk at” them
- Structure a speech so your audience will get your message the first time
- Give and receive helpful, encouraging feedback
- Celebrate your new confidence by presenting a short, rehearsed speech to the group
This series is a professional development opportunity for all staff.
Susan Daniels, Speaking Associate at Amherst College
Speak Up Series A: To be rescheduled
|9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Speak Up Series B:
January 20, 21, 22 and 25, 2021
|9:30 AM - 11:30 AM||CHI Seminar Room, Frost Library - 2nd floor|