The Performance Management Process (PMP) Mid-Year Check In provides an opportunity for supervisors/chairs and staff to have a conversation and review the goals created during the performance evaluation. For staff new to their roles, and for those who did not complete the PMP in the spring of 2021, the check in provides an opportunity to identify goals. The 2021-2022 Mid-Year Check In period is Monday, November 15th to Friday, December 31th.
This year’s Mid-Year Check In will be completed through Workday. While not required, the process is encouraged, as it provides opportunities for focused growth and development. We encourage supervisors/chairs and staff to complete the review together. Employees will receive a Workday inbox task to complete their mid-year check in. The mid-year check in includes a short series of questions related to their goals.
The purpose of the check in meeting is to:
- review and acknowledge progress towards a goal
- review and acknowledge completion of a goal
- identify any goals that have not been fully achieved and develop a plan to complete them
- foster an open exchange and dialogue between supervisors and employees
- increase communication about the Performance Management Process Steps (Self-Evaluation, Performance Evaluation, Evaluation Discussion and Goal Setting, and Mid-Year Check In)
- recognize and celebrate accomplishments!
To help support the Mid-Year Check in process, learning workshops will be provided for Staff and Supervisors/Department Chairs to prepare for a productive and engaging dialogue, and set SMART goals. If your department wants to explore additional resources, there are some excellent tips and references to online training videos available from LinkedIn Learning including the LinkedIn Learning Monthly Challenge: Feedback examines what feedback is at a conceptual level, how to give feedback to others, how to receive feedback and how to create action from feedback.
If you have any questions about the Mid-Year Check In process, please do not hesitate to contact us at 413-542-2372 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To access evaluations from 2019 and before, visit the Online Performance Management page.