The Performance Management Process (PMP) and the Mid-Year Check In (MYCI) provide an opportunity for supervisors/chairs and staff to establish mutual understandings of the responsibilities and the performance expectations associated with a position. They also provide a mechanism for employees to contribute to the achievement of Amherst College’s strategic goals and mission. This process is an opportunity to:
- foster an open exchange and dialogue between supervisors and employees
- review and acknowledge progress towards a goal
- review and acknowledge completion of a goal
- highlight areas requiring improvement
- establish goals and development plans for the coming year
- recognize and celebrate accomplishments!