As the College continues to make progress with the implementation of the requirements included in the state’s four-phase reopening plan and implementing plans for the summer and fall semester, the OHR has created tools and resources to support staff and supervisors/department chairs with their division’s workplace planning. Please visit this page frequently for updates, and contact us at email@example.com should you have any questions. We are happy to help!
Visit the Amherst College COVID-19 website for more information.
- College-sponsored travel by vaccinated individuals may begin June 1 in a limited fashion for essential trips when the work cannot be done remotely.
- The COVID-19 Remote Work Policy provides guidance on responsibilities, limitations and expectations of employees who would like to continue working remotely or request a remote work arrangement.
- The COVID-19 Unpaid Leave of Absence Policy provides employees who may not be able to return to work on campus due to COVID-19 related issues and have exhausted other leave balances with the opportunity to take a leave of absence without pay.
- The purpose of this policy is to provide Amherst College staff with flexibility in navigating severe hardships caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. This policy is intended to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and guidance, including Internal Revenue Notice 2006-59.
- Amherst College is requiring that all staff and faculty be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before returning to campus for the fall 2021 semester. More information about how to submit your vaccination documentation will be available in the next couple of weeks.
- The U.S. DOL Families First Coronavirus Response Act Notice.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The Staff & Faculty Return to Campus FAQ page includes information for working remotely, working on campus, compensation/benefits, quick references, and COVID-19 Resources.
- The Frequently Asked Questions About Fall 2020 page is a collection of questions that have been asked during College Staff Meetings.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Staff Returning to Campus for Summer/Fall 2021
- Information about the Commonwealth’s new temporary sick leave program for certain reasons related to COVID-19.
- The College has added enhancements to the current Care.com Benefit for benefits eligible faculty and staff.
- For the health and safety of the Amherst College community, anyone designated to return to work on campus is required to fill out the health status survey each day that they plan to come to campus.
- The Options for Employees Who Are Unable to Work is a chart summarizing leaves and options available to staff who are unable to work.
- The purpose of this policy is to provide guidance regarding leave time available to staff during a COVID-19 related period of quarantine and/or isolation.
- Tips and best practices for working remotely
- Supervisory practices to support remote staff
- The Return to Work - OHR Review Process provides guidance on the process to request a leave or accomodation if the employee is not able to work, and provides a list of who to contact in the Office of Human Resources in connection to various questions.