Completed by Hiring Manager
- Use the Quick Reference Guide (QRG) for Managing Job Requisitions & Candidates for Staff Positions in Workday to access and download candidate materials.
- Review all candidate materials in Workday
- Hiring Managers should assign a disposition code or status for each candidate as they are determined.
- Example: If a candidate does meet the qualifications, they should be “dispositioned” using the Move Forward button. Then the Hiring Manager will select the next step in the recruiting process. Please note that no automatic messaging is sent out to candidates. They will not be notified or otherwise contacted about this change in status.
- Decline - choose this option if not qualified or if the candidate withdraws from consideration.
- Move Forward - use this option if the Hiring Manager will move candidates forward in the screening process (the stages are Review, Phone Screen, Interview, and Offer). Each candidate must go through each stage in order for the process to function correctly.
- To share the candidate materials with other campus partners, or to download to print, etc., use the Bundle Resumes task in Workday.
- Mitigate implicit bias by allowing yourself enough time to read all application materials, knowing and being on the lookout for your own biases, and practicing constructive uncertainty (challenging yourself when you find yourself making judgments or reaching premature conclusions). You may find it useful to raise awareness of biases at https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html
- Screen candidates using your Screening Rubric (sample screening rubric)
- Select candidates to interview from qualified internal candidates and move them forward in the process by indicating “Phone Screen” as their new “Step/Disposition” status. (Dispositions and Moving Candidates Forward in Workday QRG)
- It is our practice to extend a first-round (phone screen) interview to all internal candidates who meet the stated minimum qualifications for the position.
- If an internal candidate does not meet the minimum qualifications, the Hiring Manager should reach out to them to communicate this information. OHR is available as a resource if necessary.
- There is no requirement to interview internal candidates who do not meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- The Department Head/Supervisor or Search Team, in consultation with OHR, selects those candidates who they would like to move forward to the next steps in the interview process from the eligible candidates.
- The Hiring Manager should reach out to Workforce Equity & Inclusive Leadership to share your progress. They will share an updated comparative demographic analysis of your pool.
- If there is a disparity between the initial diversity of your candidate pool and that of your first-round interview list, you may be asked to demonstrate how certain candidates fared on your rubric and/or to source additional candidates.
- Once your initial interview slate has been approved and you are ready to reach out to candidates to schedule interviews, please use the following template:
Thank you for your interest in the position of ______ at Amherst College. We read your application materials with great interest and would like to invite you to participate in a first-round phone (or Zoom) interview with our search committee.
Insert language here regarding available dates and times
If you need to request accommodations for this interview, please reach out to our Office of Human Resources at 413-542-2372.
We look forward to speaking with you soon,