- Human ResourcesHuman Resources
- ACData for Employees
- Amherst College Employment Opportunities
- Amherst Works Newsletter
- Arrivals and Transitions
- Commonly Used Forms
- Compensation Review
- Employee Handbooks
- Employee Recognition
- Employment Policies
- Holiday Schedule
- Performance Management
- Search Procedures
- Sexual Respect and Title IX
- Staff, Contact, Hours
- Training & Development
- Educational Programs
- ADA FMLA
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Agile Project Management
- Bringing Out The Best In People
- Bystander Training
- Cafe Collection
- Carrot Principle
- Change and Transitions
- Conducting Effective Performance Evaluations
- Creating Reports with Excel Tables
- Customer Service
- Customer Service 2
- Effective Presentations
- Excel Introduction 1
- Excel Introduction 2
- First Aid
- Getting More Out of Microsoft Excel
- Harassment Prevention Program
- Information and Contemplation
- Intro to Computers
- Intro to Internet
- Intro to lynda
- Intro to Mindfulness
- Intro to Social Networking
- Leadership Development
- Leadership Registration
- Leadership Registration ALL SESSIONS
- Library Open House
- Library Workshops
- Mindful Multitasking
- MindfulnessBased StressReduction
- Public Speaking Series
- Responding To Students In Distress
- Sanctuary Tour
- Supervisory Forum
- Taking Advantage of Your Performance Evaluations
- Thriving In Chaos
- Tips and Tricks for Word
- Wellness Challenge
- Stephen Butler
- Training & Development Opportunities/Services
- Training Projection
- What is Training and Development?
- Educational Programs
- Weather, Emergency Closure
- Worker's Compensation & Ergonomics
The Amherst College Supervisory Forum is an initiative of the Office of Human Resources. The purpose is to provide Supervisors and Managers a space for open discussion of issues affecting our work environment. The goals are:
- To increase our understanding of the College’s policies, procedures and customary practices.
- To ensure a fair and consistent application of such policies, procedures and customary practices.
- To share best practices in the management of issues affecting our departments.
- To discuss our concerns, views and perspectives, with the aim to build a common mission and vision.
- To strengthen our peer relationships and establish mutually beneficial collaborations.
- To continually develop our supervisory and leadership skills.
The agenda for each forum is created to address topics of current interest. Human Resources welcomes suggestions about topics or issues to be presented and discussed in future sessions.
The agenda for the January Forum will include include discussions with Provost Peter Uvin about the Strategic Planning process and Professor Rhonda Cobham-Sander about the efforts of the Committee on Diversity and Community.
The topics from recent Forums have included:
- update on the Compensation Review process
- review of the Grading System
- review of the Performance Evaluation process
- updates on FMLA and ADA
Please pre-register for these sessions so we can provide the appropriate number of handouts and have lunch for everyone. You will be registered automatically if you fill in the form below, or you can call or email Stephen Butler at email@example.com.
New Forum dates for 2014 will be posted by early March.
|| 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Maria-Judith Rodriguez, Director of Human Resources
HR staff and other content experts