- Human ResourcesHuman Resources
- HR Picture Gallery
- ACData for Employees
- Amherst College Employment Opportunities
- Amherst Works Newsletter
- Arrivals and Transitions
- Employee Handbooks
- Employee Recognition
- Employment Policies
- Holiday Schedule
- JCCR Project
- New Employee Orientation
- New Person
- Performance Management Process
- Search Procedures
- Sexual Respect and Title IX
- Staff, Contact, Hours
- Training & Development
- Weather, Emergency Closure
- Worker's Compensation & Ergonomics
Stephen Butler is the Training and Organizational Development Specialist for Amherst College.
Stephen’s expertise includes the many facets of team development, understanding and working with behavioral styles, developing and practicing facilitation skills, exploring how to become a more effective leader, examining and improving communication skills, organizing and running effective meetings, and more.
As a trainer for over thirty years, he has worked with a broad range of both domestic and international clients prior to coming to Amherst, and continues to offer trainings to groups across the Five Colleges.
In his ten years at Amherst, he has designed and led trainings on:
- Leadership Development: Essentials of Effective Supervision
- Bystander Awareness and Interventions
- Conflict Skills and Styles
- Change and Transitions
- Planning and Leading Great Meetings
- Delegation Skills
- Crucial Conversations
- How to Conduct Effective Performance Evaluations (for supervisors)
- How to Take Advantage of Your Performance Evaluation (for staff)
- Respect For People
- and more
He also designs and delivers customized trainings for departments and groups based on their needs and goals.
He is the coauthor of two books, including Adventure In Business: An IMMERSION Approach to Training and Consulting and QuickSilver.