As a requirement of the STEM OPT application process, you must obtain an I-20 from Amherst College recommending your for the STEM OPT extension before you can submit your STEM OPT application to USCIS.
Submit this form to request your STEM OPT recommendation I-20 from the OIS. The OIS will communicate with you once your STEM OPT recommendation I-20 has been issued.
By submitting this form, you are confirming that:
- The information submitted is true and complete, to the best of your knowledge.
- You give permission to Amherst College to submit the information below to the US Citizenship and Immigration Services on your behalf, as part of your OPT STEM Extension application. You understand that this information, once submitted, cannot be changed.
- You understand that submission of an OPT STEM Extension application does not constitute authorization for the requested period.
- You understand that you are responsible for knowing and abiding by the regulations and reporting requirements for OPT STEM Extensions and authorizations.
- You understand that, as the OPT applicant, you are fully and solely responsible for your OPT application; the OIS is not responsible for your submission of a full and complete OPT application to the USCIS.
- If you provide the OIS's mailing address on your I-765, you understand that all USCIS mail relating to your OPT application will be sent to the OIS, and you consent to it being automatically opened, scanned, and emailed to you upon delivery.