While the OIS cannot always guide you through the process of changing to another status (such as H-1B, O-1, Permanent Residency) from F-1 or J-1 status, we can connect student with legal counsel who can assist you with your questions.  

Additionally, it is very important that you inform the Office of Immigration Services (OIS) of any status change, as it will likely require the closure of your F-1 or J-1 immigration record.  Please visit us during advising hours or email us if you have any questions, are pursuing a change of status, or have been approved for a change of status.