Mt. Holyoke Extension will offer the January Term Course "Knowledge Management" this January 6-17, 2014, Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m - noon, for 2 credits.
Enroll in this course and learn to protect your organizational knowledge:
- Recognize the human capital challenges facing you
- Determine critical knowledge that is “at risk”
- Calculate the loss of knowledge
- Develop a strong knowledge retention and transfer framework
- Implement easy-to-accomplish knowledge retention and transfer techniques
- Draw upon the experiences of others through case histories
- Use social network analysis to inform knowledge sharing and retention efforts
- Perform a knowledge audit on an organization to map knowledge flows and knowledge gaps for developing a knowledge management strategy
Meet Your Professor
Dr. Jay Liebowitz is recognized as one of the world’s top experts in knowledge management strategy. He also served as the first Knowledge Management Officer at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. He has been teaching for 30 years, and is the author of more than 40 books and over 200 articles. He is the founding Editor-in-Chief of Expert Systems With Applications: An International Journal (Elsevier), which is ranked in the top 5 worldwide in its field. He currently holds the Orkand Endowed Chair in Management and Technology at University of Maryland University College (UMUC).