Info Sessions on Teaching with Technology
INFORMATION SESSIONS ON TEACHING WITH TECHNOLOGY OFFERED IN SEPTEMBER
Academic Technology Services invites faculty and instructional staff to attend a session to learn about, or to receive a refresher on, classroom applications such as Moodle, Google Apps, and other emerging technologies. Some ways in which Amherst faculty are using a variety of digital tools to accomplish their pedagogical objectives will be shared.
You may attend any one of the sessions listed below. Kindly RSVP below.
- September 7, Friday, 11:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., Seeley Mudd 115
- September 12, Wednesday, 10:00 a.m. to 10:45 a.m., Seeley Mudd 115
- September 18, Tuesday, 10:00 a.m. to 10:45 a.m., Seeley Mudd 115
We will tailor these sessions to the interests of the attendees. A possible menu of topics includes:
- Moodle learning management for content distribution, discussions, assessment, and collaborative activities;
- Google apps for group projects and document review;
- Assistive technologies and the development of accessible instructional materials;
- Active learning with classroom response systems (aka clickers), gamification, virtual reality, and augmented reality;
- Presentation and communication from PowerPoint and screencasting to graphic and Web design;
- Data collection and analysis using surveys, databases, and mathematical and statistical applications;
- Mapping and 3D including geographic measurement, synthesis, and analysis, along with visualization and modeling tools;
- Programming and high-performance computing for unique applications, big data, and machine learning.