SensusAccess is a web-based service capable of converting a wide range document types into a variety of accessible alternative formats.
- Convert an image-only PDF into a tagged PDF with searchable text
- Convert an image-only PDF into a Word Document
- Convert a reading in any format into a text-to-speech MP3 file
- Convert a document into a eBook format such as EPUB or Mobi
- Convert a reading into a braille format
Members of the Amherst community can use the SensusAccess webform to request conversion of a document.
Alternately, SensusAccess offers conversion requests via email. There are specific email addresses to use based on the file output you want to receive back. Review the SensusAccess PDF providing instructions and available email addresses to use for requesting file conversions via email.
See video below for more information on how SensusAccess works!