ATS supports the use specialized software for mathematical and spatial data analysis.
Faculty or students needing project support should submit an AskIT ticket.
- ArcGIS — Create maps and analyze geographic information. Can be installed on all College-owned computers.
- Mathematica — A high-level symbolic and numeric calculation and programming environment. Available on our unix servers and computing cluster. Can be installed on all College-, faculty-, staff-, and student-owned computers.
- Matlab —Solve mathematical problems and analyze numerical data. Available on our unix servers. An open-source version of Matlab called Octave is available on the computing cluster, though conversion may not be simple. Can be installed on all College-, faculty-, and staff-owned computers.
- R — Open-source statistical analysis program. Free to install, it’s also available on most lab machines on campus and on our unix servers. Typically used with the R Studio development environment, for which we also provide a cloud interface.
- SPSS — Advanced statistical analysis. Available in most computer labs. Can be installed on all College-, faculty-, staff-, and student-owned computers.