Amherst uses NameCoach to collect name pronunciation recordings and other important Commencement-related information from students.
Graduating students will receive an email from the Registrar with the link to record your name and add phonetic spelling and other details.
NameCoach Help for New Recordings
- Recording Your Name
- Enabling Microphone Access for NameCoach
- Troubleshooting Your Recording
- If you come to a log in screen after submitting the NameCoach form, you are all set do not need to log in. Your recording will have been saved.
- You will receive a confirmation email from NameCoach that has a link to review and revise your recording.
- Please refer to this Phonetic Spelling Guide for how to write your name phonetically (courtesy Middlebury and CMU).
Re-Record Your Name for Commencement
If you'd like to re-record your name for Commencement, perhaps to include a middle name or suffix, you may easily do so. You will need to log in directly to NameCoach.
1. Since NameCoach already has your email address in the system, you just need to request a password reset using this form. Enter your Amherst email and follow the instructions.
2. Once logged in, click Edit this Recording next to Amherst College Commencement 2023.