How to add a media playlist in moodle resource for a course.
The media playlist makes it easy for you to add short pieces of media to your course. It is especially usefull when you have a large number of media files that you use year after year such as are often used in courses for language instruction.
To use this resource type, the media files must be loaded onto a special media server. If the files have not already been loaded, talk to the Academic Technology Department about having this done.
- From your course page, turn editing on and go to the Topic or Week in which you want to add a resource.
- Click on the Add a resource drop-down box and select Media Playlist to get the playlist interface.
- Type in a name for your file. This name will be displayed on your course’s Moodle page.
- Work your way through the folders until you find the files you want. Video files appear with a screen capture. Audio files appear with an icon. Click on all the files you want the students to have access at this point. Then click on the Save button. This will add them to the Content section of the media playlist form.
- Scroll down and click on Save and return to course. A link to the media now appear on the course page. When the students click on the link they will bring up the media player. The various files you selected will be listed on the right and the student can play any of those file by clicking on it. The list will scroll if it's too long to appear next to the player.