Creating the lightbox gallery
- From your course page, turn editing on and go to the Topic or Week in which you want to add the gallery.
- Click on the Add an activity or resource menu and select Lightbox gallery.
- Type in a name for your page.
- The Advanced section deals mostly with layout of the images. In general, the defaults are acceptable.
- Click Save at the bottom.
Once the lightbox has been created, a link will appear in the course. Clicking on the link will bring up a largely empty page that displays the description and has an Add images button. Clicking on the image will bring up an interface where you can select files to add. Note that although it appears that you can upload multiple files at the same time, we've had problems attempting to do this with this version of the lightbox. The solution is either to go through the entire upload process one file at a time or to compress a series of images into a zip file and upload the zip file. Lightbox will upzip and use the individual files. The resulting lightbox display will show image thumbnails. Clicking on a thumbnail will bring up a full size version of the image.