Backing up all or part of your Moodle course page
Moodle has a method for making a backup of an entire Moodle course page, or parts of a Moodle course page. This is useful for saving a backup copy of all of your materials or for moving your material to a completely different Moodle site.
Note that faculty do not have access to "Restore" a backup file into the Amherst Moodle themselves, please contact IT for assistance.
- Go to your course's Moodle site.
- Click the "Course Management" gear icon in the top menu bar.
- Click "Backup"
- The next several pages allow you to select what parts of the site you want to back up. One inportant option on the first page allows you to anonymize user information. This keeps information about students, but removes their names. For instance, forum entries would be kept but no identification information would be kept with the posts.
- On the last page, the backup will actually created. This may take a minute. When the page is done loading, click Continue at the bottom.
- Your course data backup has now been created. Moodle will show you the backup files that it has. If you want you can click on download to make a copy on your computer. A copy will remain on the Moodle server.