- Moodle sites are automatically made visible to students shortly before the start of the semester.
- They are automatically hidden several weeks after the semester ends.
- Other than these two times, the IT department will not change the visibility of your course unless you explicitly ask us to do so.
- More info about site availability and visibility is available here.
As an instructor you can change your course visibility at any time. Here's how!
The Quicksets block - which is usually located in the right column and which is only visible to course instructors - allows you to change a couple of settings quickly and without having to go to the course settings page.
The most common use of the block is to make a course visible to students, or to hide it. Simply click the appropriate Yes or No button and then click on Update settings. You can also make student grades either available or unavailable the same way.
The other way to change course visibility is through the course settings screen.
- Go to the Administration block on the left side of the screen, or, if you're using the Boost theme, click the Gear menu at top right.
- Click on the Edit Settings link section.
- In the center section of the screen, in the General section, change the Visible setting to Show.
- Click on the Save Changes button on the bottom of the page.