The simplest assignment requires the upload of a single file. The assignment will appear in your Moodle course as with the text varying according to the assignment.
- Click on the assignment.
- Click on the Upload a file button to bring up the upload dialogue
- Click on the Choose a file button to bring up the File Picker that will allow you to select the file to upload.
- In the File Picker, select the source of the file.
- Use Upload a file to load a file from your computer's disk. Click on the Browse button to find the file and then click on the Upload this file button.
- Once that is done, click on Save changes to actually upload the file.
- Once you have the correct file loaded, click on the Save changes button. Your assignment interface will now show the name of the file you uploaded and, if the instructor has set the assignment to allow it, the Upload a file button will have changed to Update this file which allows you to replace the file with a new one.
Remember that Assignments pass information between you and the instructor. Uploaded assignment files are not visible to other students.