Access to Moodle sites is controlled by automatic feeds of information from our central registration system (ACData). Faculty cannot add students directly to a Moodle site. Thus, most Moodle access issues are addressed not within Moodle, but in coordination with the Registrar.
- If an Amherst student is officially registered for a course, they will automatically be added to the Moodle site for that course.
- If they drop the course, they will automatically be removed.
- Students: note that you will not see your courses in Moodle until the week before classes begin.
- Amherst and Five College students may request access to a Moodle site through a process called petitioning.
- This is a way to get access to a Moodle site while waiting for your official registration to be processed, or while deciding which classes to take.
- This process has nothing to do with official course registration, and petitioner access will be removed after add/drop.
- Instructions for submitting a petition request are here.
Five College Students
- Please visit this page for information on how students from Hampshire, Mount Holyoke, Smith, and UMass can access Moodle sites at Amherst.
Classroom Assistants and TA's
- Individuals with instructor permission to audit a course can request Moodle access with this Audit Request Form.
- Once the request is processed, they will be issued an Amherst College account (if they don't already have one) and added to the Moodle site for the course.
High School Students
- High school students who have successfully registered for a course will be issued an Amherst College account and addded to the Moodle site for the course.
- They need to visit the IT Help Desk on the first floor of Seeley Mudd and provide a photo ID to receive their log in information.
Guests and Outside Collaborators
- Faculty may choose to enable guest access for their Moodle sites.
- View a list of guest accessible Moodle sites.
- Guest privileges within a course vary from course-to-course but usually exclude activites and some resources.
- Outside collaborators who need full access but do not have an Amherst account can sometimes be added with their Google or Facebook account. Contact AskIT to request access for them.