If a Five College Student is having trouble getting into Moodle, here are a few things to check.
Is the student listed on the Participants page of the Moodle site?
Click the top left Menu icon to open the Sidebar menu, then click Participants.
Yes, they are listed:
- If classes have not yet begun, students will not see class links in Moodle. Once sites are made visible they will be all set.
- Their registration may have just been processed- have the student try again.
- Make sure they are going to the Amherst Moodle (moodle.amherst.edu) (not the Smith or Mount Holyoke Moodle!).
- Make sure they are using their Amherst login and not their home campus login.
- If the don't know their Amherst login, they can use the Five College Account Check/Account Request form using their home institution login credentials.
- If they know their username but not their password, they can reset their password here.
No, they are not listed:
- Their registration has not yet been processed, and they should follow up with their home campus registrar.
- Unfortunately the only workaround while awaiting their access to come through is to enable guest access for your Moodle site.
Feel free to email askIT@amherst.edu for more help!