If a Five College Student is having trouble getting into Moodle, here are a few things to check.
Is the student listed on the Participants page (Navigation Block > Participants) of the Moodle site?
Yes, they are listed:
- If classes have not yet begun, students will not see class links in Moodle. Once sites are made visible they will be all set.
- Their registration may have just been processed- have the student try again.
- Make sure they are going to the Amherst Moodle (moodle.amherst.edu) (not the Smith or Mount Holyoke Moodle!).
- Make sure they are using their Amherst login and not their home campus login.
- If the don't know their Amherst login, they can use the Five College Account Check/Account Request form using their home institution login credentials.
- If they know their username but not their password, they can reset their password here.
No, they are not listed:
- The student's paperwork has probably not made it through the system yet.
- They should request an Amherst account if they don't have one already. This can take a few days to get processed.
- Once they have a login, they can submit a petition request for temporary Moodle access.
- Petitioner access is temporary and is removed after add/drop- so make sure the official registration does get processed!
Feel free to contact AskIT for more help!