Faculty can enable Guest Access to allow people not enrolled in their course to access their Moodle site.
- By default, courses are built with guest access turned off.
- If you set guest access to Yes you can then attach a password. Only guests with the password will be allowed access.
- Note that guests will have access to resources, but not to activities, E-Reserves or Video Reserves.
- Go to your course's Moodle site.
- Click the "Course Management" gear icon in the top menu bar.
- Click "Enrollment Methods".
- Click the show/hide eyeball icon next to Guest Access, and/or click the settings (gear) icon to set a password if desired.
- Share the URL (and password, if needed) for your Moodle site with your guest. When they click the link, they will come to the Amherst login screen, and should click the "Log in as guest" button.
Communication & Collaboration