These instructions are for Hampshire, Mount Holyoke, Smith, and UMass students taking courses at Amherst College. This whole process begins with your registering for an Amherst course with your home campus Registrar.
You must be registered for an Amherst course. This creates an Amherst account for you, and grants your Moodle access.
- If you are registered for an Amherst course, you will have received an email from Amherst IT with your Amherst username and instructions for setting a password.
- If you have not received this email or are not yet registered, please start with your home campus registrar to ensure your registration is processed. This is the only way to get your Amherst account and Moodle access set up.
- If you think you have an Amherst account but aren't sure what it is, try the Five College Account Check tool.
- If you have an Amherst account but forgot your password, you can reset your password here (enter your home campus email).
Amherst Moodle Sites are located on https://moodle.amherst.edu
- Be sure you are going to the Amherst Moodle, https://moodle.amherst.edu, and not the Smith, MHC, etc, Moodles.
- Log in with your Amherst username and password (see above).
- Note that you will not see your courses listed in Moodle until just before the start of classes. During this time, please see your home campus registrar to confirm your registrations.
For registration questions, please contact your home campus registrar.
For questions particular to the Amherst Moodle, please email email@example.com.