These instructions are for Hampshire, Mount Holyoke, Smith, and UMass students taking courses at Amherst College.
You will need an Amherst username and password to log into our Moodle.
- If you don't have one, or don't know what it is, go to this page and use the Five College Account lookup/request link.
- It can take a few days for your Amherst account to be created.
- If you know your username but not your password, you can reset your password here.
Amherst Moodle Sites are located on https://moodle.amherst.edu
- Be sure you are going to the Amherst Moodle, https://moodle.amherst.edu, and not the Smith, MHC, etc Moodles.
Course Site Access & Petition Access
Note that you will not see your courses listed in Moodle until just before the start of classes. During this time, please see your home campus registrar to confirm your registrations.
If classes have started and you don't see your classes listed in Moodle, go back to this page, log into ACDATA with your Amherst account credentials, select the Student menu, and click the Five College Student Petition link to get temporary access while your registration is processed.
- Detailed instructions here.
- It can take a few days for your Moodle access to come through.
- Be sure to follow up with the registrar to make sure your official registration gets processed!