The following provides the general concept of projecting a laptop. Most rooms will have specific instructions posted, or shown on the projector control panel.
Connecting a Laptop
- Use the control panel or touch screen to turn on the projector or display.
- On the control panel, press the button for laptop or HDMI.
- Connect the HDMI cable to your laptop. Some laptops may need a special adapter.
- Unplug and re-plug the HDMI cable and/or dongle.
- Mac adapter: is it securely attached to cable?
- Cable: is it plugged in securely to computer and also to the wall?
- Press source button again, slowly and firmly.
Squished image, or only see your desktop?
- Check your display settings: Suggested resolution is 1280x720 or 1920x1080.
- Check your screen mirroring settings:
- PC: Windows key + “P” key.
- Mac: System Preferences > Displays
For further assistance please email askIT@amherst.edu.