This site provides information and accessibility standards for faculty and staff to make information technology more accessible to more users.
IT Accessibility is supported on campus by the interdepartmental IT Accessibility Task Force. IT Accessibility-related questions and requests can be entered into the AskIT ticketing system, selecting the category “Accessibility”, or just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources for Amherst.edu content creators:
Make Your Webpages Accessible provides information on how to optimize pages and web-delivered documents for use with screen-readers and for general accessibility.
Designing & Formatting Pages on Amherst.edu provides tips on how to add headings and links for maximum usability and accessibility.
Accessible Electronic Content Cheat Sheet (Courtesy NCDAE)
- Using the Accessibility Checker Tool in Amherst's CMS
Additional web accessibility standards can be found here: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA. For more information on web accessibility, please visit WebAIM.
Video and Media Content
- Videos that rely on visuals or have no narration may need audio descriptions or additional descriptive narration.
Accessible Documents & Instructional Materials
- Please see our Accessible Documents checklist!
- Need help sourcing or creating accessible documents or readings? Submit a ticket on AskIT or email email@example.com.
- See our Accessible Forms page for tips on collecting information using accessible webforms, Word documents, or PDF's,
Accessible Procurement Processes
It's important to consider accessibility when procuring a new product or service for the college. See our Purchasing & Procurement Tips page for guidelines on assessing accessibility of products and services.
This page also contains a Vendor/Bidder EIT Accessibility Questionnaire which solicits relevant information about how vendors are addressing the accessibility of their products.
We are happy to help vet the accessibility of high-impact technology purchases and developments, just submit an AskIT ticket to get started.